Jefferson County, WV
Jefferson County is the easternmost county of West Virginia, bounded by the Potomac River and Maryland on the north; the Blue Ridge Mountains and Loudoun County, Virginia, on the east; Clarke County, Virginia, on the south; and Berkeley County on the west. It occupies 212.4 square miles. Its municipalities include Charles Town, the county seat (established in 1789 by George Washington's brother, Charles); Ranson (1910); Harpers Ferry (1851); Bolivar (1825); and Shepherdstown (1762). Jefferson County was established from a portion of Berkeley County by the Virginia General Assembly on October 26, 1801. It was named for Thomas Jefferson.
For More Information about Jefferson County, Click the Links Below:
Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce Website
Jefferson County Public Schools
Jefferson County Convention and Visitors Bureau
Jefferson County Development Authority
Jefferson County Utility Providers